Kinnery Screening Criteria
As a management company we screen tenants the same way tenants screen prospective units, with optimism! We trust that every application submitted has been drafted with honesty and integrity. We do, however, pay close attention to the old adage “Trust but Verify” this is not necessarily our motto, but verification, and crossing our t’s and dotting our I’s, is what keeps us in good stead with the landlord, therefore, keeping us in business. If you have any questions or concerns filling out the application, please feel free to give any member at Kinnery’s a call, we’re all here to help.
Requirements to rent:
- All applicants 18 years of age and older must complete an application form. Every occupant must be listed on the lease.
- Combined gross income of all applicants must equal at least three (3) times the monthly rent.
- Maximum number of persons (including children):
- Studio: 2
- One Bedroom Apartment: 3
- Two Bedroom Apartment: 4
- Three Bedroom Apartment: 6
(note: the limits shown here may change according to owner wishes and or size of unit for individual properties).
Applications will be declined when:
- An applicant for whom an unlawful detainer (eviction) action has been filed.
- Applicant’s credit score (FICO) is below 600.
- An applicant with a bankruptcy within the past five years.
- Any information on applications, which cannot be verified, or is found to be in error or intended to misrepresent.
- Applicants who are untruthful, uncooperative, or abusive in their behavior during the application process.
- Note: We will consider allowing co-tenants, and increased security deposits if we deem requests to be advantageous to all parties involved.
Credit reports will be reviewed and evaluated individually.
Kinnery’s Brokerage House will not discriminate against, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual preference, marital status, religion or children.